The Orthodox Christian Youth Movement (OCYM), the Youth-wing of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church is in its 71st year of active leadership and Christian witness in the Church and society. It contributes to the goodness and progress of the Church and community in the three-fold path of worship, study and service.
| It aims at moulding the minds and visions of the youth against the background of the contemporary issues. OCYM wing of our parish is a gathering of youth aged between 20 and 45 years and it is the spiritual platform for demonstrating the talents of the young blood.
The Vicar of the parish is the President of the unit. A committee, selected annually, headed by the Secretary carries out the routine activities of the unit.
The OCYM of our parish meets every first Sunday after the Holy Qurbana. The sessions comprise of prayer, bible reading, devotional songs, classes/speeches, quizzes, personality development programmes, games, entertainment programs etc. Various other activities are also organized as under:
- Classes on faith, liturgy and traditions of the church.
- Educational orientation classes and personality development programs.
- Arts and sports competition.
- Yuva Nite - Cultural programs and Youth Carnival – Fun & entertainment.
- Youth Camp - Joint spiritual activity with OCYM members from our Malaysia Cathedral.
- Quiz and Light Music competitions.
- Blood Donation camp.
- Providing clothes, medicines and financial aid to the needy.
Copyright © 2013 St Thomas Orthodox Syrian Cathedral, Singapore (Orthodox Church). All Rights Reserved.